I made two really different flowers using the same technique. I just love making these flowers. These are also for the SCS HYCCT challenges.
The first card is a really simple one as it is just the flower on a card base. Since the flower was so big and the card little (the biggest scallop circle nestie I have) it didn't really need anything else. The flower is made from vellum paper and each layer was sprayed with Glimmer Mist (Red Velvet, Golden Terracotta, Tiger Lily, Peach Delight, Iridescent Gold) and Banana Pudding Chalkboard GM. I only wish you could really see all of the glitter goodness.


The second flower card I used is what I call the Spooky flower card. The flower was a combo of cardstock and vellum paper. I use several Glimmer Mists again and I used a make your own brad for the center. Instead of using some designer paper I just punched some black cardstock and ended up loving the look of it. I embossed the card base with the brick embossing folder and lightly washed white ink over it. The second layer is made up of the circles that were punched and distressed. The third and fourth layer is the black square from and the white center that holds the flower. To add to the embellishments I added some black bling flourishs. Perfect for a non-traditional Halloween card or even for that person who isn't all about traditions in general.

Challenges used:Our Creative Corner: bring on the embellies
Unscripted Sketches: Sketch
SCS HYCCT: Four by Four (4 layers and 4 different embellies)








10 comments:
Wow, your flowers are gorgeous! Both cards are absolutely fabulous, great job. So glad you joined US for this weeks sketch challenge.
Stunning flowers Cassie! Pure beauty :)
Well, haven't you had a busy (AND FUN!) weekend!! These flowers are stunning!! I love them!
Super cool Cassie, love those flowers! Great take on the sketch too. Thanks for creating with us this week at Unscripted!
Two totally wonderful cards. Your flowers are amazing and I REALLY love your spooky card. The flower you made is perfect for theme. Terrific job with the embellishments. So happy you could join in the fun with us this week at Our Creative Corner.
WOW awesome flowers! Love your cards! Thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!
WOW-Love those flowers. Both cards are great.
I love the flowers and I love the one on the card. Nice use of the Unscripted sketch.
Beautiful flowers, Cassie! How have you been? Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches!
XXX
Beautiful-these flowers look so cool!
Post a Comment