Sunday, October 31, 2010

Playing with Pearls

Perfect Pearls that is. Two more cards for you today for the SCS Hope challenges. The first one is another CAS card (although I think some ribbon and a charm would be really cute with it...maybe I'll go back and add them). The music background is from WMS and the sentiment is from Verve. The gold music is doen with versamark and gold perfect pearls.


Challenges used:
SCS HYCCT20: dance theme sketch
Allsorts Challenges: gold, cream, and red
EtsyInspired: my inspiration



My second card uses another silk flower I make as my embellisment that also doubles as a gift as I turned it into a pin. The center is three white half pearls. I used PTI's Damask Designs stamps for the background and sentiment. The background on the pink was stamped in versamark and then brushed with Perfect Pearl's Perfect Pearl for a subtle shimmer. I added some tiny rhinestones under the sentiment too. These are easy flowers to make and make a great double useage of cards.

Challenges used:
SCS HYCCT21: make an embellishment
JUGS: make fabric flower
Creative Inspriation: Glitter, Glammour, Girlie
CardPatterns: sketch

Photobucket

18 comments:

Chrissie said...

Beautiful flower Cassie!
Great card too!
Chrissie

SmilynStef said...

What a stunning bloom ... and I love that it can be a pin for the recipient as well ... fabulous Etsy Inspired design.

brenda said...

Hi there

What extremely elegant cards.

A perfect belend of the colours and beautifully balanced creations.

Thank you for joining my gold, cream and red them at Allsorts this week and good luck.

B x
I have candy here

Dorcas said...

Very sweet! I love your flower with the pearls inside. :-) Thanks so much for joining in at Creative Inspirations.

Cor* said...

Both creations are fabulous. What can I say bout the first except that sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone. No ribbon needed. I just adore your large pink flower on your other creation! Perfect. Thanks so much for getting glittery & girly with some glamour too at Creative Inspirations this time round. Hope to see you next challenge too!! Good luck.

AKiteFlier said...

WOW Cassie - Wonderful flower - great color and just so pretty. I'm so glad you tried it and played along with Just Us Girls this week.

Niki Estes said...

Pretty cards! I love the sentiment and sheet music on the first one!

de said...

Love your cards! Your EIC card is so pretty and I love the sentiment!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

Linby said...

What a gorgeous card.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Cassie loving your work so much, the musical card and that flower look awesome thank you for joining us at OSCC this week.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Queenie said...

Lovely cards!! They're so soft and enjoyable!! I really like your use of color for the Etsy inspiration card! What a great take on the piece, and that flower in the second is super pretty!

Thanks for playing EIC this week!

Sandy Ang said...

Such pretty cards - love the red and pinks !

Andrea M said...

Stunning creation!!! So lovely in pink!!! Love the soft, fullness of the flower - it turned out perfectly! The pink is sooo pretty too! The perfect pearls provide such a lovely, subtle, shimmery background. Beautiful entry for this week's JUGS challenge! Thanks so much for playing along!

Dana Gustafson said...

Lovely cards Cassie! Your fabric flower is stunning and I love the hot pink color! Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week!

Kirsten...x said...

Fabulous classy cards...xx

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs Kirsten...x

Shelley said...

Wow what gorgeous cards, and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining in this weeks OSCC. Hugs Shelley xx

NinaB said...

What a gorgeous card, Cassie. Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns this week.

Irene Daryanto said...

It's so cute and girly, love it.
Thanks for joining us at Creative Inspirations.
Hugs, Irene