Friday, November 13, 2009

Blest Journal

This is going to be a really quick post as we are still dealing with the little one being sick. He's starting to feel better and we are going to an ENT on Monday. I am still trying to catch up on some sleep as well (not to mention I really need to do some cleaning).

This is a journal I made to keep up with things to be thankful for. I found a set of directions that I liked on SCS because it showed me how to add a 'built-in' bookmark. The image is Sassy Studio Designs Give Thanks. I left her on the bigger side as I wanted a clean journal cover but still something that popped. I used the nesties to cut her out and frame her as well. in the lower right hand corner I added the large swirl from PTI's Fancy Flourishes and kept the chipboard letters plain for the rustic feel. I added a charm I made to the bookmark to help hold it in place. The only thing I would do differently (besides matching her hair color to mine - not sure why I did blonde as I'm a red-head) is add texture to the binder.

Be sure to check out the SSD release party/game on the 15th of this month for a chance at a goodie or two. The game will be "Who's That Sassy?" and then join us for a chat and a freebie over at PCP from 10 am till 12 pm PST.




Photobucket

5 comments:

scubasubie said...

Cute. I've been meaning to make myself a journal.... what kind of journal do you use?

paige said...

This is a great project! Have fun filling up the pages!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome idea. I need to do something like this. Sometimes I forget how very blest I really am.

Anonymous said...

What a great project! Love the added charm!

gale said...

Sorry your little one is sick. We've had at least one person sick in our house for the past three weeks. I swear it gets old! Your journal is so cute.