Wednesday, November 4, 2009

They call me the Fireman

My oldest DS loves firetrucks and firemen so it was only natural that he dressed up as a firefighter for Halloween. Then I discovered this great litte fireman image from Mo's Digital Pencil. Of course I had to put the two together and there were several challenges that I used to help me put it all together. This was such a fun card to do. I first chose to make it as an oversized card so that it could end up going into a picture frame. Then I choose to create it as an easel card to try something new. I had seen several of these on blogs and online galleries lately and have been wanting to try my hand at them. I kept it overall simple so that the picture and image could stand out. I may end up adding DS's name to the tag and the year in the lower left corner of the image card. I colored this image to match my son's costume and really like how it turned out.



Challenges used:
DP2 Challenge - fancy fold card
Just Us Girls - holiday card designed to present a photo (ok, so this is really a stretch, but I did keep this in mind and the person who will be getting this is going through something that may make the holiday season sad, so I wanted them to know that my family is here for them and isn't this the season of helping? Besides, I tend to think of Santa when I see firetrucks around this time because he rides through our city on one)
Etsy Inspired Challenge - Vivikas store at Etsy (I choose the red mini owl for the colors as they were perfect for this card).
Friday Sketchers - sketch (SSD is sponsoring the sketch this week, and I hope they will forgive me for using a non-SSD image)

Photobucket

13 comments:

gale said...

So cute-your ds looks adorable!!

Andrea M said...

This is super cute! Love the easel card layout - what a great card :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh My Goodness Cassie! Your card is soooo cute! How perfect to showcase your son's photo! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls! I hope to see you Saturday for another challenge!

AKiteFlier said...

Cassie this is a wonderfully fabulous card - Halloween is a holiday so no explanations necessary! I LOVE the simple design of your layout - I love the image with the picture - it's just perfect and I love that you tried something new with the easel layout! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls. Enjoy your fabulous digital image set! Hope to see you again on Saturday for a super fun sketch challenge!

de said...

Super cute Cassie! The card and the Jr. Fireman!

Thanks for playing EtsyInspired this week!

paige said...

Aren't easel cards fun to make? Can be addicting because they are so easy and fun! Your card is adorable!

Just Us Girls said...

Oh Cassie, this turned out so adorable! I LOVE that fireman image you found and your DS is the cutest!! Great way to display your creation instead of tucking it away in an envelope ;]

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for a fun sketch challenge hosted by Maria. I will be sending your free digis shortly! Please let me know if you use them...I would love to see what you create!

raindropecho said...

Aww this is adorable! What a perfect digi to use with that picture!
- Ann

Ashley Newell said...

This is adorable! Thanks for taking the time to play the EtsyInspired challenge this week, it means a lot to me!

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is such a wonderful card- I have not tried the easel card..yet. Once again, I admire your great coloring skills!

Anonymous said...

WOW! How cute!! Your DS is adorable! So is the fireman in the image! Great card!

Naomi said...

WOW! I have seen the easel cards, but haven't had a chance to try one just yet. Yours looks great! Your DS is adorable! Great card, I think framing it is a wonderful idea!

Anonymous said...

oh that is just too cute!!