Sunday, November 1, 2009

It's a Sassy Blog Hop

Tis' the season blog hop at Sassy Studio Design. If you've come from Valerie then you are in the right place. If not, then why don't you go back to the beginning with Jackie and leave some love along the way for a chance to get a Sassy surpirse at the end. The hop with go through the rest of today and Monday as well. Don't forget to check out the SSD blog too to see what GREAT SALE Lindsay has up her sleaves. You also might like to come and chat with us tomorrow afternoon at our hangout over at PCP.

Lindsay has created a few wonderful images for this release. It is a small one, but it's a good (then again, aren't they all). Two of the creations you have already seen: the snowman and the snowglode template. I thought I would show you another card with the snowman. I stuck with red and white for this one and kept the card rather simple. I really like how it turned out and the sentiment I made myself. The next stop on the hop is our wonderful Guest Designer, Sara.

Challenges used:
Creative Card Crew - snowflakes (the white background is embossed with a snowflake folder)

Don't for get to leave some love at each of the Sassy Seven so that you can get the surprise at the end. You next stop is Sara.


I also did another project for ya'll using two of SSD's templates: ornaments and giftcard holder. The giftcard holder templates are wonderful because you get two types on one page. How smart is that! I loved how Lindsay created not only a card template for the ornament, but she also created a template with the ornaments in pieces so you have even more flexiblity with it. I paper pieced both the ornaments after I shrank them to the size I needed and printed the topper on sliver cardstock. I covered the blue onrament in plain glassy glaze and the red one with my bottle that has glassy glaze mixed with my glitter to give it a little extra sparkle. for the closure I sewed on a small white button to the back and a white glittery one on the front so that I can wrap white thread around it to seal the card/giftcard holder.


Photobucket

31 comments:

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Awesome and fun projects! Gift card holders are my next project - perfect timing. Yay!
Susan

Anita said...

I love the shadowing on that adorable card! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Cassie -- love your projects!! Thanks for the inspiration!! I recognize your name from CPC as well!! Nice to see you again. Blessings and Hugs!

Sara said...

Cassie, these turned out great!! Love the snowflake embossing folder! I bought it, just can't find it-figures!

Unknown said...

I'm loving the snowman image!

hugs,
Gini

Gail said...

Great job on all of them!

Mandy Schneider 97 said...

O simple but so CUTE! it works so well..I love it great job..
Mandy

Studio Lailani said...

Love the card Cassie!! Great project as usual!!! Have a great day!!

Maria Matter said...

Lovely card Cassie!
Fabulous project with the ornaments too!
Thank you for sharing!
blessings, Maria

Cheryl Walker said...

Awww this is soooo cute!!! Love the image you used on this!!!

Hugs ,
Cheryl

Anita said...

Cute card and great use of the template.

JayLynn said...

That's neat how you have the red circle embossed together with the white BG. Looks neat!

Annie said...

oh my! Both of your projects are absolutely great!!! Love the new release :)

jan farnworth said...

awesome projects.

Geneviève aka Muscade said...

Very good! I love the embossed paper with the snowflakes, it gives a real winter air to the card. Bravo!

Valerie said...

beautiful cards Cassie! love your gift holder too!

Kelly Kreates said...

What a great sentiment - Stay Cool! OMG, I would have never though of that! Love the embossed background too! TFS

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Adorable card! Love the red and white! and fab ornament card! So shiny!
Great job :*)
~ margie

Anonymous said...

I love this image! She looks great in red too! The embossedsnowflakes in the background is a great addition!

Thanks for sharing!

Brandi said...

Very cute! The image is darling and so is your card. :)

gale said...

These are both awesome. Love the shiny ornaments-really neat.

Wiccababe said...

gorgeous card Cassie, and such a cute wee gift card holder
thanks for sharing
Debbi
xx

Crystal Smith said...

Love the high gloss. Thanks for sharing your work.

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Love all the texture and glossiness! Very cool!

Julia M said...

Cute card. I love the snowflake folder.

Tammy Miller said...

I love this thanks for sharing

Melis said...

Love the colors and this cute little snowman! TFS!

Melis

Sharon said...

Beautiful card Cassie. I love the image and your colouring is fantastic. Thanks for joining in our Truly Scrumptious challenge.

Donna said...

Stunning projects Cassie. Thanks for joining in the CCC Challenge. Donna x

Naomi said...

Great projects! Gift card holders are something I make every year, so it's nice to get some inspiration! Love the lady/snowman image!

Dawn said...

Great image and so cute!

thanks for jining us on TS

Dawn