
Sassy Studio Designs is sponsoring the challenge this week over at Die Cut Dreams Challenge Blog. You don't have to use a SSD image, and you would have the chance to win 5 SSD images if you play. Here is my example for this fun challenge. I used SSD's Fabby Gabbie and Truly Scrumpious sketch challenge. I really like the softness of the card and how the edges of the paper have a hint of distress. I painted the flowers with Pixie Dust Shimmerz Paint and added half perals to the center.


My cupcake card:

Sassy Studio Designs challenge 3: use glitter & a 3D element (this can be pop up dots, flowers, brads) anything to give it a 3D look. Be sure you pick up the FREE image over there too (the cupcake you see on my card). I used the sketch from Midnight Maddness and for the first time used layers on my image. I printed the image four times: once on some pattern paper to paper piece the wrapper and three times on white cardstock for the three layers. I did color the base layer and the second layer so that it looked good from the sides to. I covered the frosting with some Broken China Distress Stickles and the cherry with CE.









18 comments:
I love the layout on the cupcake card! You are so good with your copic markers.
Wow absolutlly beautiful! The first is definatly my favourite!
Hugs, Tash xxx
Hi Cassie, I am so thrilled you were able to join us this week. Big Welcome to you. Your card is just adorable. Love the layer and that cupcake look so festive. Great job with the sketch. I hope you keep coming back :) Thank you for playing the Midnight Madness sktech challenge.
p.s. if you sport our logo, you could win some really cool prizes :)
Priscilla
http://priscillastyles.blogspot.com
love your stuff cassie:) Always a pleasure seeing your beautiful work.HUGS!!
Yummy!! Love cupcake cards. These are wonderful colors and you captured the sketch perfectly! The Midnight Madness Design Team wants to thank you for coming out to play with us this week. See you next week too, yes??
Phyllis Midnight Madness Design Team
aka SparklePlenty1000
As soon as I saw this card, the first thing I thought of was blue icing all over some little boy or girl's face. lol. Have to admit though, it has to be realistic for that to be my first though. It is a wonderful card and very creative. Thank you so much for playing with us at the MMSC this week. We love having you. Hope you will play again next week too!
Carolyn, MMSC DT
Hi! Your card is absolutely scrumptious! Thank you for joining us and sharing your talents with us at Midnight Madness this week! We'd love to have you join us next week!
I see you have His Holy Name 2009 on your sidebar. I joined that recently and have to finish mine! Thanks for the reminder! :)
Sue
MMDT Member
I for sure love the layered look, it adds alot of dimension to the card. I am envious of all those Copics, yummy!! and that Cupcake too.
So glad you could join us at Midnight Madness and hope you can play with us again!
WOW! Gorgeous cards!
These are both fab Cassie. I love the simple elegance of your first card. Thanks for joining us at TS.
What a absolutely lovely card. Love the layering, and colors. Thanks so much for playing along with us in the MMSC challenge. We hope that you will play each week!
beautiful cupcake card!!!
You've been one busy gal!! love all the layers on the cupcake...and that layout rocks!! cute, cute, cute!!
These cards are both beautiful!! I love your coloring and designs. That cupcake looks so yummy! Great job on the sketch!! Thanks for playing with the MMSC this week.
Gorgeous card
thanks for joining us on TS
Dawn
Welcome Cassie to Midnight Madness! You card is adorable and I love the cupcake :) Thanks for sharing your talent this week, see you at the next one, good luck on the prize drawing too, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT
Cassie, Welcome to the Midnight Madness sketch challenge...so glad you decided to join in the fun. What a sweet card you have made..making me hungry for a cupcake!! Great job with the sketch...can't wait to see what you create next week.
Hugs,
Charlotte
MMSC DT
I gotta get some Shimmerz, I love the way they look on your flowers. The cupcake card is amazing! I love blue and brown together.
Post a Comment