By giving her an apple right? I just LOVE this new teacher image from Sassy Studio Designs. She is part of the Back To School release on Sept 1st.The blackboard that can be used for so many sayings. I had just gotten some of Cosmo Crickets new paper from their 'The Boyfriend' line and Teacher's Pet-Paper pack by Imaginisce. These papers just screamed vintage to me, so with those papers and some challenges, I knew what I wanted to.
Because this is a digi image, I didn't have to color the blackboard. Before I printed the image I erased the stick the teacher was holding to give me more room to use for words that I typed right onto the board and then filled it in with a shade of green I liked. I also filled in her glasses rim because I knew it would be too hard for me to color. Beging a teacher myself, I colored her hair to match mine, and after I colored the rest of her, I rubbed Distress Ink (vintage photo and antique linen) to age the image. Once the ink was on I splattered some water to push the ink around in spots to add more to the vintage feel. Finally, I added a thin coat of glossy accents to the glasses for a realistic look and the apple for some shine. For the ribbon, I used some twill and wrapped it around the card leaving a tail hanging from the front. I thought it would make a neat faux bookmark so I knotted it off and added a charm I made. I stamped the apple from SU! Tart & Tangy (?retired) stamp set using my copics and rubbing alchol onto some shrink plastic. Then I punched it out and the hole then shrank it with my heat gun. After that, I put a ring through it and the twill to give the bookmark some character. I also used my sewing machine for the second time on a card and stitched around the two smaller patterend papers. I really like the feel it gave to the card, but I so need to work on my sewing and threading (took me almost 30 to thread the darn machine). The apple in the corner is from SU! Alphabet Images (don't know if that's retired or not either - sorry) and stamped using the Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I used my notebook paper punch for the notepaper on the card to add more to the school feel. This was a card I had LOTS of fun with.
Friday Sketches - sketch #67








11 comments:
oh what a gorgeous stamp!! Fantastic card!!
Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week :) Good luck!!
Super card.
HEHE! That's hilarious! What a cute card and great idea to do coloring both with the computer and with markers!
Great card Cassie, love it! The stitching is great, and thanks for joining us on Creative Inspirations Challenge. Louise x
Beautiful card. Love the apple charm and the distressing of the teacher panel, very clever.
This is so cute! LOVE the spin on the sentiment, and your coloring is great as always!
Gorgeous card Cassie,love it.
Thanks for taking part over at creative inspirations.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx
This is darling! What a funny sentiment!! Great work on the card...love the stitches.
Fab card, Cassie - a lot of thought and work to great effect. I'm loving the new Cosmo Cricket releases too!!
Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.
Julie
I just love this Cassie! What a fun image and you used it so beautifully.
LOVE the lined paper you added and the little pencil paper! CUTE!
Post a Comment