Saturday, August 15, 2009

The new image are up at SSD

I hope everyone enjoyed the Sweet Shoppe Party with SSD today. A couple of freebies were given and three chances to win some of the new images were played for. The new images are up in the store now. You will also be able to buy some card scents that match the images...how cool is that. All of the info on the card scents are given at the SSD blog. If you missed today, then I hope you will be able to make the next one on Septmeber 1st.

I wanted to leave you with the two cards I made to be used as samples for the two sketch challenges we had. Both used challenge blogs however I don't remember most of them :( Sorry. The first up is the Sweet Cherry Pie image. I kept the image on the large size (one of the great things about using digi images - you get to control the size of the image) for the focus and then aged it with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Ink for the vintage feel that the DP I used had (Cosmo Cricket but I don't remember which one though - sorry). The only thing I wish I did differently was to sponge the Distress Vintage Photo around the scallop circle to help it stand out a little more.


Now for the second card. This one used the Sweet Lollipop image. Iadded shimmerz paint to the shirt and lollipop to help add sparkle. I used the Sweet Dreamers, the blog group I belong to, grid challenge.


Photobucket

12 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Cassie...you have the cutest cards!!!WOW...you just keep getting better and better :)

I also wanted you to know that I got your card a few weeks ago and I can't tell you how awesome it made me feel...thanks friend!

Anonymous said...

These cards are so cute. Love the images and your coloring is awesome. The cherry pie one is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

These cards are so cute. Love the images and your coloring is awesome. The cherry pie one is my favorite.

CarlaKH said...

fab cards- love the colors!

Anonymous said...

Cassie these are just beautiful! You are so good with the Copics. I think the scalloped circle in the first card stands out just fine the way it is. So pretty!

Vicki said...

Cassie, you did a great job on these cards! Beautiful coloring and wonderful papers! Blessings to you!

Kathy said...

Cassie, these cards are both so sweet. Love the girl with the pie, would be great for Thanksgiving. You might just sway me to try some digital stamps. I love what you do with them.

paige said...

You have mastered the art of coloring with copics. Both of your cards are great!

Mary G. said...

Great cards and you did a wonderful job on the grid challenge!

Beth Jacobs said...

Cute cards. Love the images and your coloring is flawless. Love the colors too!

Naomi said...

These are really good! I like your style a lot! Love both of the women in these cards, enjoying their sweet treats, surrounded by wonderful design, and your obvious eye for color! These are FAB:)

gale said...

I love those images. I don't think I'd seen these stamps before your blog. I'm off to buy some. lol. Love the cards too-the papers are SO cute and perfect for them!