I wasn't going to share this card, but decided that I would just so ya'll could see my first try at sewing on my card with a machine. It so didn't turn out the way I have pictured it in my mind. I really liked the image I colors and wanted to use the phrase "just breathe" as this one of the times I need to remember to do just that. A new school year is starting and that means my teacher hat is back on. The sketch is from Get Sketchy. The image is Dhyana from Sassy Studio Designs.Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Just Breathe
I wasn't going to share this card, but decided that I would just so ya'll could see my first try at sewing on my card with a machine. It so didn't turn out the way I have pictured it in my mind. I really liked the image I colors and wanted to use the phrase "just breathe" as this one of the times I need to remember to do just that. A new school year is starting and that means my teacher hat is back on. The sketch is from Get Sketchy. The image is Dhyana from Sassy Studio Designs.
Labels:
digi stamps,
get sketchy,
Sassy Studio Designs
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








29 comments:
Great take on the sketch! Thanks so much for playin at Get Sketchy!!
You go girl! I really like your card and choice of colors!
I have not tried stitching yet, but I love what you did - it works perfectly with the card!
TFS :*) margie
I hear ya, sistah!! after sitting through the first of five days of inservice, I definitely need to keep repeating 'Just Breathe' to myself as well! Hope your school year starts off well :)
Cute card! You are so brave! I have yet to attempt to sew on paper. I bought a mini sewing machine and have yet to take it out of the box! Great job sewing! I love that image and color combo! Hope your first day back to school isn't too rough!
Traci
I love your card...the stitching is a very nice touch on your design!!! Thanks for joining us at Get Sketchy!!
Cassie, I love every piece of your pretty card! You did a great job!
Great take on the sketch of 'Get Sketchy' Thank you!
Amazing take on the sketch! Love that image and your stiching, wow!
thnx for playing!
Wow - those colors just are absolutely LOVELY together - and your stitching is SO cool - totally adds such a great detail to your card! Simply beautiful! (And that sentiment is perfect - totally inspirational and is something that I need to remember as school starts too! :) Sending you big hugs,
Sankari :)
Cassie, I love this!
I love the stitching.. and the sentiment and image are divine
I'll be saying those same words shortly here in MN and most likely all school year long!
Love these colors! I like the sewing, works great on this card.
How perfectly ZEN! :) :)
Yeah for the sewing and showing it because I really like your card!
I'm so glad you decided to share! LOVE the image!!! Great job
I really love the stitching, totally different from what I have seen before.
Great card.
Thanks for giving our very first sketch a try!
Lisette
Great card, Cassie! How zen!!or should I say....sh. Beautiful work! Blessings to you!
I always adore sewing on a card...I love your card- great coloring and stitching! TFS
good for you trying stitching... i have been to scared to try out the machine stitching but one day soon!!!
lovies, =o) kel
LOL Well, you know what I was going to say before I read your comments...I loved your stitching! When I try to make anything but a straight line, it just looks as if I messed up!! Yous looks great!
I love that image and the card is fab... I need to get brave and try some stitching one of these days!
Way to go trying out the sewing! Great job :) Sewing is my absolute favorite thing to do on cards, they almost feel like something is missing when I leave it out! I love the image and your stamping/coloring is gorgeous. I wish you all the best as you start your new school year.
I love the colors and design of this card. Thanks for sharing!
I think it turned out great-the stitching looks really cool!
Love those colors! I like your sewing here, and at least your were brave enough to sew on your cards!
Great card. The stitching looks like you did it that way on purpose. Looks great. Love the colros.
I am too nervous to stitch with my machine, I need to just do it! I pierce holes in a design I lightly trace with a pencil, then I thread it! Takes forever, I don't know why the sewing machine scares me on paper!
Great job on the sewing. I love the free-form style! Beautiful card!
I love it! Great job on the image. I'm not always so hot when it comes to sewing on my cards. I think yours looks great though.
Post a Comment