Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sweet Prayers


I've showed ya'll one card using a digital art from Mo Manning and now I have another one. If you remember from my last mention of her, I told you that she is an illustrator for several children's books. She gives the same quality of work to her digital art as she does to her book illustrations. They really are little works of art and I highly recommend checking them out.

This image I was able to get while it was still in pencil form (not the inked image you see in the store). It is perfect for those who like to watercolor and even use prisma pencils (both of which I have yet to get comfortable with). I have seen a couple of cards with this image using soft copic colors. I would have like it to be a little softer, but I can only work with what I have. The sketch is from Lord Have Mercy. Overall I am very pleased with this card. Details will follow the close up of his pj bottoms.


I tried a new color combo for his hair. I used Yoo, Y11, Y21, Y23, & E31. I used light feather strokes (if you even can call it that as I barely touched the paper cause I was afraid to mess up what I already colored). Really, I just played with the placement until I was good with how it looked so here's hoping that I can do it again cause I like it. For the PJ bottoms I added the dots with the colorless blender after I colored it. This was the first time I did this technqiue too and I discovered that it is easy and fun to do. I like how it gives the bottoms just a touch of personality. The images (both background and the boy) are popped up with pop dots to give the card depth (and to lay flat as the bow isn't all the way through the card). I'm still toying with the idea of adding a sentiment to the right edge of the image. Something like "praying" or "blessings". All of the colors I used are below.

Photobucket

16 comments:

The Mama Monkey said...

This is a sweet image! I love the colors you chose and the design you gave to the jammies. Makes me want to get comfy and crawl into bed with my teddy bear!

Stephanie said...

I think it's gorgeous Cassie!!

CathyRose said...

Oh, this is just so adorable! Love the soft colors and darling image!

Naomi said...

Wow, this is just precious. The pj bottoms are SO cute, that is a nice tip. The coloring is great, you just want to squeeze the teddy bear, it's so real looking. This is great. It's paired with beautiful papers!

TannyP said...

Your coloring is beautiful! It's an adorable card =)

Unknown said...

ahh very pretty

Tasha said...

Oh this is soo cute! Your colouring is perfect and i love the image
Hugs
Tash xxxx

Gina Lindsay said...

This is just beautiful, I love the way your colored this image.

Vicki said...

Awesome job Cassie! The coloring is wonderful on this too cute image! Beautiful! Blessings to you!

Louise F NZ said...

This is really sweet, I think the hair looks lovely and the dots on the jammie bottoms is a fab idea.

Mary G. said...

Wow, what an awesome image and you did a beautiful job coloring it! Just gorgeous!

paige said...

This is so precious! I'd frame it for a babies room!

Tlbran said...

This is so cute! That image is darling and you did such a great job coloring! Love the color combo and how soft the colors are!

Kathy said...

Amazing job with the coloring, love all the detail of the hair and pjs.

Kendra said...

Cute card, great image, love the colours :)

gale said...

What a cute card! Those soft colors are perfect. I have so many copics that are dark bright colors and I don't use them much. I need to get more light colors I guess.