
I felt like giving ya'll a two-fer. You get to see two previews of the same image. She is such a fun image to play with. For the first card you get to see Sweet Bubblegum as a whole. I used the Digital Tuesday sketch and the Papertake weekly challenge of using colors that represent a season. Somthing about oranges and blues just make me think of summer. The sentiment in the bottom right corner is from PTI and used for a nice subtle note. I covered the bubble in CE to give is a shinny look that bubbles tend to have. I'll talk more about the coloring behind the bubble gum when I tell you about the next card.
Now for my two-color card. I wanted to show you how you can take part of a digi stamp and use it. For this card I used only the top half of the image and then used my circle nestie to cut it and the border out. I guess I was in a 'blue' mood when I made this one since that's my main color. The challenges I used for this card is: 2 sketches 4 you, the CAS challenge over at SCS (use bling), and last weeks My Time to Craft of using something old or forgotten (my clear circle epoxy stickers over the word 'gum' and the bubble). On the sentiment strip I just used my ruler and drew the lines with my SU! turquoise marker. I colored a circle over the word gum using RV000 before I put the circle sticker over it to add to the gum feel. How I colored the bubble part is explain below.

Behind the Bubble: First I colored the face as I normally would: E50, E51, R20 (the lips). Then I colored the part of the shirt showing behind the bubble with B01 (the medium color I used for the shirt). The tirck I learned from I Like Markers is to NOT color to the edge, so I didn't color to any part of the face or shirt that touches the edge of the bubble. After I did that I took the RV000 copic and colored in the bubble (over the colors that overlaped) to the edge. I really like the end result as it looks like a real bubble.









20 comments:
I love this cassie!!!amazing cards and she has such attitude:)
Two gorgeous cards, the image is fantastic and lovely colours too.
Thanks for joining us at DTC & good luck.
Emma x
"by gum" :)
Super cute. Love the sentiment.
Too cute! I really love how you post what markers you used to color the image, such a help for people!!!
ohh Cassie these are wonderful I love this new image... when is the release.
also love the dark blue colors you use for jeans ! looks way better then what I have been using
hugs Annita
Cassie both are adorable! Love the image and your cards are amazing!
Oh my gosh, I love these cards. The bubbles look so realistic, I can almost hear them popping. Thanks for sharing how you colored them.
Both cards are fabulous! Great coloring and so fun!!
love the image and you are so talented with the coloring and combining!
Wow- I love that image and your coloring is amazing....I have 2 daughters and one son. They love gum- one daughter leaves it all around the house (we were going to save all the wads and wrap them up for Christmas last year, but did not....). My other daughter can go through a pack or two of gum a day- if I would buy that much! I will have to look up that digi image- I could have great fun with it! TFS
She is darling! I love the colors and the gum! Great coloring!!
Cassie- I am loving this card! So much attitude!
Super cute! I love that stamp :) Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura
LOve that motif! She has attitude and I like that! Fantastic colouring too.
Thanks for playing along at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/
What a great sketch!! I love how you designed this card!!! Beautiful color choices too..and your coloring rocks!
love these!!! and your coloring is absolutely fabulous!!!!!! wow!
Great card and such a fun image.
Thanks for playing at Digital Tuesday this week.
Lora x
so cute! love that image!
Brilliant! Love these girls and their gum! Cute images! The CE on the gum is one of those details that just makes the card!
LOL!!!! I love this image! Great work Cassie.... as usual! :)
Post a Comment