Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sweet Dreamers’ Challenge # 4- Word Has It...

One of the blogger's groups I belong too challenged us to create a card with words being the focus image and no coloring. Wow, what a challenge. Since I had gotten my Copics I haven't created a card with out them. I used a few other challenges to help me put this all togther. I really like the end result and am not sure just who it'll go to. Maybe I'll just frame it and display it in my classroom. Speaking of classroom, that is why I haven't posted in a few days. This past week was teacher inserivce allowing up to get ready for our students to come back on the 24th. My craft/play time has been shortened and so begins the journey of finding the balance :)

Challenges:
MojoMaria - a sketch
A Spoon Full of Sugar - travel theme, the stamps has bird and the phrase starts with going for long walks; there is a butterfly (all of this reminds me of ways to travel with dreams
Stamp, Scrap, and Doodle Saturdays - monochromatic
Hope Stamps Eternal Cupcake Challenge - had shades of purple in the cupcake

Supplies:
Stamp - Unity
Paper - Stampin' Up: Shimmer White, Lovely Lilac, Lavendar Lace
Ink - SU! Lovely Lilac

Photobucket

21 comments:

Ida said...

Oh how pretty. What a great job combining the different challenges. It really goes well with Hopes Cupcake Inspiration challenge. Glad you played.

Vicki said...

Cassie, this is beautiful! Lovely colors! Great job on the challenges! Blessings to you!

CarlaKH said...

what a gorgeous card.. and love the quote.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your purple card and think your sentiment is lovely! You get so much stamping done- and I admire your Copic coloring very much! TFS

Rachel Hope said...

Lovely sentiment and card Cassie! Great use of the purples and the white butterfly from the challenge piece, thanks so much for playing along!!

Mary G. said...

Great job, Cassie! I love that sentiment!

Rene' said...

Beautiful! I love purple and that butterfly is perfect! Thanks for playing along at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle!

Scrappy Love,
Rene'

paige said...

You should definitely put this in your classroom, maybe on your desk?

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Cassie!! I just love the colors.

Karli said...

Wow girl! Way to go incorporating all those challenges into 1 beautiful card. If I did that, it would be 1 hot mess! I do have to admit, I miss seeing your coloring :) I love it! Have a great new school year!

Anonymous said...

pretty card. I love the words and the color.

Stephanie said...

gorgeous card, Cassie!! purple gives me such problems (on cards), but your's is perfect! maybe, I'll have to give it a try again!

Naomi said...

YEah, that IS a challenge! I am not sure I could have pulled it off. Your card is amazing! And if you ever need to make something quick, this type of card would be perfect, quick without needing to color. Love the purples!

Kathy said...

Great quote. This card is so pretty, terrific take on that MoJo sketch. So funny that we used the same sketch!

Angie Cortes said...

Just Beautiful!! I love that quote and the purple is perfect!! Thanks for joining us at Stamp, Scrap & Doodle!!

Angie C. ~ SSDS DT

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Cassie this is so pretty and feminine! LOVE IT!

gale said...

Beautiful card. Love all the purples and that butterfly is adorable!

Diane Davies said...

Love the color for the monochromatic. Great card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge at SSDS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, love the butterfly. Thank you for joining us at SSDS.

Anonymous said...

Cassie, what a lovely card! You did great with the challenge! I love how soft and pretty it is!

Micki said...

Cassie, great card. So pretty & elegant. Love the colors. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSDS.