Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Coco Comfort

Who doesn't like to curl up with some toasty to drink on a cold night? This is one of Sassy Studio Designs newest image to be released on October 15th: Coco. As soon as I saw it I new I had to make some sort of a coco holder. I came across this site while blog hopping and thought it would be perfect with this image.

The image just screamed PJs to me, so I paper pieced it together with some scrap patterned paper I had laying around. The chair was paper pieced using the faux suede technique to give it a comfy cozy feel. I added some shading with my copics to the outfits and chairs. Coco is going to be an image that I see me using LOTS in the next few months. Be sure you pick up your own Coco at SSD.



Challenges used:
Stamp Something - brown plus something
Just Us Girls - paper piecing plus pink

Photobucket

12 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Love that image and it is perfect for paper piecing! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge and we hope to see you often!

Mona Pendleton said...

Your card is Fabulous! I love how you pieced the bottoms the same with the same DP as the card! Very creative! Thanks for playing along at the Just Us Girls paper piecing challenge! I hope to see many more of your creations in the upcoming challenges! :)

AKiteFlier said...

Cassie this is fabulous~ Love the PJ's and the sofa piecing - super! And what a great way to share some relaxation. I can think of a good friend that this would be perfect for.
Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. I hope you really had fun and will come back again!

Julie M said...

Fab card, Cassie. Great paper piecing - and what a lovely present to give to someone.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie

Kathy said...

Way to combine all those challenges. This cider holder is so cute. Love the idea.

Valerie said...

I love the patterned paper you pieced it with...GREAT job girl!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I have been freezing all day here and when I saw your card it just rang so true LOL! Way to rock the JUGS challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Kristin Eberline said...

Oooh...love your paper pieced pjs for Coco! She is sassy in her chair with her drink :O) Cute package for cider also! Very clever :]

Thanks so much for playing with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday for our color challenge!!

Dana Gustafson said...

Ohhhmmmmmm...I want pajama pants like her...ohhhmmmmm :)

I totally love the image with hot drink and cute paper pieced pj pants. This is my favorite part of cold weather...that it's time for tea at night again. What a great way to package up a drink for a girlfriend!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!

gale said...

That's so cute!! Love the paper piecing.

scubasubie said...

This is perfect! I could have used that this last week! :) What a great idea!

Jenn Embry said...

I love it! The paper piecing is fabulous. Great idea for a card.