Saturday, October 10, 2009

DZ Doodles Digi Stamps release


I was picked to help with the today's release over at DZ Doodles Digital Stamps and am so excited about it. The digi I was given was a snowman and it's so cute. I just had to make two cards with them. Both cards used non-traditional winter colors which was a strech for me. I like my shades of blues for winter and reds/greens for Christmas, but I was introduced to a challenge that asked for pinks and wanted to play along. After seeing so many pretty cards using shades of pinks for winter/Chirstmas I thought this stamp would be a great way to start. DZ Doodles has some great stamps I'm sure you'll want to check out. Now on to my cards :)


For this card I used the Mojo Monday sketch challenge. It's hard to tell in this picture but I embossed the edges with straight lines to give it a subtle frame. I also used Creative Inspirations challenge to make a Christmas card. I tried coloring the rhinestones to match, but they it didn't turn out too well, oh well. I still like how it came out.





For this card I used K's Card Creations pink challenge, My Time to Craft Challenge to create a card using snow buddies, Sweet Stop Sketches, and the ABC Challenge's E is for embossing. I really like how this one turned out. I think it's one of my favs. I used the cuttlebug to emboss the small soild pink background and then sponged over it with Distress Ink's Worn Lipstick. For the big pink background I stamped PTI's snowflake serenade in SU's Regal Rose and clear embossed some of the snowflakes as well.

Be sure you check out the rest of the DZ girls.
Kim Burmeister
Christy Dillman
Corine Lambert
Valerie Urtiaga
Barbara Staradumsky
Rebecca Barlow
Kristi Ketterlin
Peggy Russell
Rosalien Zwackhalen
Tammy Maynard
Heather Huggins
Barbara Walker

Photobucket

11 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

you did a wonderful job on your cards! they are just as cute as can be!!! I love all of the fun pink!!! and so perfect for this month, too! aren't the new releases great?!?! :)

Kathy said...

Wow, I love the snowman card in hues of pink. You could use this all winter, not just around the holidays. Great job on both cards.

Kim Burmeister said...

OH, CASSIE! This is so adorable! I love the soft pink and how you colored the snow woman. FABULOUS!

COCO said...

oh nice card !!!
hugs coco

paige said...

Oh, I love your pretty pink snow women cards! Very sweet!

Tammy said...

WOW!! You did such a fabulous job with your little snow(girl)!!! Hehe!! Just too cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards and image! Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop!! Hugs~

Stephanie said...

that is one CUTE snowman, Cassie!! great coloring - your shading on the scarf is fantastic! love all the layers on the second card - beautiful!!

Helen said...

Lovely cards!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge!
Helen x

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute!!

Tracy said...

Beautiful card and oh so cute!!Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations this week.
Hugs
Tracy
xxx