If ya'll missed the Sassy Studio Design party last night, then you missed out on a great time. However, you can now get the SSD goodies yourself now and join the fun next time. My card today used not only a new image, but a new template from the Sassy Store (which you can now buy). The image is called Trimming the Tree and the card base is from the ornament template that Lindsay has created (as well as many other templates). I used the ornament base (which comes two to a sheet and fits 8.5 x 11 cardstocks and makes the standard cards), the ornament overlays (she got four of these onto the page) shrunk down just a hair to fit inside (I just printed it onto some patterend paper) and the ornament topper. I shrank the image and put it over the overlay to make sure it would fit inside before I printed it. Once I colored the image I cut it out and put her on dimmentionals to give more depth to the card. I also added some sparkle and Glossy Accents to the star and ornaments to give it some sparkle. I found a great quote from Dr. Suess's Grinch and printed that out for my sentiment. Since I outlined the ornament base in glitter I thought I would do the same thing to the sentiment. I also mounted it on Summer Sun c/s to complete the goldish/yellow triangle/circle I had going on.

Be sure you check out the SSD blog to kept track of the latests Sassy news and challenges. Also, check out the rest of the Sassy Sevens to see what they have created with this fun new release.
Cassie (ME)
Deb
Lelia
Jacquie
Margie
Piali
Val
Sara (guest designer)








10 comments:
What a cute card!! I love that saying! Beautiful coloring!!
I think this card is adorable. Great coloring and the saying is perfect.
Fantastic Cassie! Love the ornament shape. The sentiment from Grinch is perfect, too. Fun card.
This is super cute. Love how you cut it out.
Oh....this is AWESOME Cassie!!! I LOVE IT!!! Love your out of the norm! ;)
How cute-I love the shape of that card.
SO cute! Love the 3-D effect and I absolutely love that verse from The Grinch!! Great job!
Sorry I missed it, adorable card, going to shop now!!
What an absolutely Awesome card. I love the image and your coloring of it is great.
This is great- I love the ornament shape and the sentiment- and I hate to sound like a broken record, but your coloring is awesome!
Post a Comment