Friday, October 9, 2009

Domestic Diva I am not...

but that doesn't mean I can't make a card using one :) This is one of the newest images being released on the 15th of this month at Sassy Studio Desgins. For those who played along with our last release you may have been one of the lucky ones to already get her from playing along. There's no telling what Lindsay has in store for us this time. She reminds me of those 50's sitcom moms who cook and bake all dolled up. I wanted to bring her up-to-date, but I think I may try her out as retro soon.

For the card, I used the Paper Take Weekly Sketch and the Copic Buzz challenge to use your copics to custom color your embellies (I colored some clear dew drops yellow).




Since she's cooking, I thought she would be perfect to hold a pad of paper so that you can keep a list going of things you need to pick up at the store. The concept is simple and I wanted to keep the focus on the image so I didn't do much other than color her. I cut some chipboard I had to the size I needed and then covered it with some old SU! paper I had laying around. I added a business card magnet to the back so that it could be put on the fridge for easy use.


Photobucket

6 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Awesome cards and post it notes for her grocery list! I know I always say your coloring is outstanding....but it really is! TFS

gale said...

Really cute! Love the list idea.

Jill said...

beautiful card and a great image too thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Kathy said...

Great card and note holder. Love this image and sentiment and you colored them beautifully.

Karli said...

great project! Hmmm, feel a CASE comin' on :) of course I can't color like you so it won't be a complete CASE. Seriously where did you learn to color? You know I'm a big fan!

Stephanie said...

Love the shopping list tablet - this image is perfect for that!! great idea :)