Thursday, October 8, 2009

SSD Fall Picture Inspiration Challenge

Who isn't inspired by the beautiful pictures of the fall? I know I am (and maybe because I don't really see much of it where I live - kinda like winter too). Sassy Studio Designs has presented a challenge using this beautiful fall picture as your inspiration.


After I saw the picture, I thought of Salem, Mass. and the Salem Witch Trials. Maybe it's because Halloween is coming up. I did have fun using one of SSD's $1 Cameo digi stamps for the focal image. The great thing about SSD's cameos is that they already have the border and they really show off the great features Lindsay puts into their face. After I colored her, I added some sparkle to her eyelids, web necklace, and top. I really like how it help make the image pop even more. To give the card base some punch I stamped a sanded SU! background and then sponged the edge with black ink. I may be a simple card, but it is one that I think really help enhance the image. Anyways, I used many challenge for this card in addition to SSD's.


SSD - Fall picture inpiration
Creative Belli Blog- Sparkly Halloween
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Halloween cards
Creative Card Crew - All that Sparkles
Hope Stamps Eternal's Cupcake Challenge

Be Sure to check out the other Sassy Girls to see how that beautiful picture inspired them.

Lelia
Deb
Piali

Photobucket

17 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

OOOH, I Love that witch and how you sparkled her top!!! The simple design really pops the image! Thanks for playing along with the CIC!

Javablustamper said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Cassie!! I LOVE it!! Your coloring is AMAZING!! HOpe you are well!!




Take care!
Jacquie/Javablustamper!

Beth Jacobs said...

what a great Halloween card... I love fall colors!!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

What a wonderful image! your coloring is fabulous! I love her sparkly eye shadow......how clever. thanks for joining us in the Belli challenge.

paige said...

That is one "hot" looking witch! fun card!

Ceal said...

great take on the Belli challenge. Awesome coloring thanks for playing with the Belli girls

Katy Myhre said...

That picture is so beautiful! I live in NH and love the fall! Your card is so cute,I love the witch image. I will have to check it out!
TFS

I am also hosting a challenge this week, would love you to play along!

http://kscardcreations.blogspot.com/2009/10/tackle-it-tuesday-16.html

Lelia Pierce said...

Wonderful job, Cassie! Sometimes simple is best! :O)

Big Hugs,
Lelia

Heidi said...

cassie- these images are so cool and your cards always do them justice by being clean and simple.

Vicki said...

Great challenge card, Cassie! Love those colors! Blessings to you!

gale said...

Really cute-love the image.

Dani said...

Wow, this is beautiful! Fabulous job! Thanks for joining us in the Belli Challenge!

Chrissy D said...

I love your fall picture with the beautiful colors - but your card is gorgeous too! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh, this is just adorable!! I love that witch image. Congrats on Rach's Top Pick!!

Ida said...

Congrats on the Top 5 for Hope's Cupcake Challenge.
Wonderful card. The image is awesome and you colored her beautifully.

Joan Ervin said...

This is sooo cute...what a beautiful image and I just love the awesome design!!! Thanks for playing in the belli challenge!!!

Fern said...

Wow, I don't remember witches looking like that!!! Beautiful card, love the image and your coloring is fantastic... Thanks so much for playing along with us in the belli challenge... :o)