Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Mo's Digital Pencil Day

Today I thought I would share with ya'll two cards I made using Mo's Digital Pencil images. I used a few challenges for them including Mo's DP2 Challenge for the boo card. It's amazing how many ideas I have and just not enough time to make them all. Enjoy these cards.

The first card using the sweet boy image called Take A Break. I modified the sketch just a tad to work with the baseball thing I had going on. I was going for a baseball feel with the background paper I made and to continue with that theme I decided to make the sentiment into a mini baseball too. Not really sure if the idea really came through though. The colors came from a color challenge and a picture inspiration. The two really worked together for me. I know baseball is more of a spring sport, but my DS loves to throw a ball around no matter the season. The colors muted with the cream color reminds me of fall where I live. The sky can be so blue/teal some days and the few leaves I see changing colors tend to have a redish hue. The cream just makes things cozy, like autumn.

Challenges used:
Sketch Saturday
Just Us Girls - color challenge
Copic Buzz - no designer paper allowed
Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle - picture inspiration


For this second card I used the Boo image from Mo's Digital Pencil. It just seemed like such a fun image. The DP2 challenge was to create a project where you used colors of Autumn and only two embellishments. Well, you can't have Autumn without Halloween and so this card was born. The colors came from the holiday, and the embellies are the ribbon and the brads. To make the white not be as stark I colored over the whole image (background included) with shades of grey. The darker greys went closer to the image while I feathered it out the lighter ones.

Challenges used:
DP2 Challenge - use colors that remind you of Fall and only 2 embellishments
Crazy 4 Challenges - sketch
PaperPlay Challenges - favorite embellishment (I have a thing for ribbon right now)

Photobucket

25 comments:

Tlbran said...

Gorgeous cards! Great job coloring. I love the baseball theme and the background your created!

Dana Gustafson said...

How cute are these Cassie??! What great images. I love the boy and his faithful dog that you did for JUGs. I'm so glad you played along this week with Just Us Girls!

StampOwl said...

fabulous cards

gale said...

Great cards! I love how you made the top one look like a baseball.

Mona Pendleton said...

Cassie, BOTH of your cards are adorable! You did an amazing job coloring in the images! That lil' boy & his dog & baseball is so precious! Thank you for playing along with the Just Us Girls color challenge! I hope you return to play next week with the 3-D challenge :)

Elaine L. said...

Great cards! Thanks for playing along with us in Mo's challenge this week.

Pernilla said...

You make very sweet cards!

Stampin2day said...

Just adorable Cassie!
Love the design and the coloring!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love both cards, awesome work.

AKiteFlier said...

Cassie your Take a Break card is ADORABLE - what a GREAT little boy card - and even tho my littel boy is 20 he's SO into dogs that this would be perfect for him. Great take on our color challenge! THanks for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again next week. :-)

laos348 said...

Aaah - the little boy card is adorable! And I like your spooky one too.

shulsart said...

I love your Boo card. Thanks for joining us on Mo's Challenge blog and we hope to see you again soon.

Maya said...

Ohhh they are booth fab!!
Love the one to SS,so gorgeous!!
Thank you for joining us at SS.
Hugs from Maya :)

Lisa said...

Love your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

Diane Davies said...

Love both of these cards! Your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along at SSDS. : )

The Wired Angel said...

Great job on this card, Cassie. Great image for Halloween.Thanks for participating in Mo's Challenge this week. We look forward to having you back again.

Anonymous said...

Adorable cards, thanks for joining us at SSDS!

Kristin Eberline said...

Awwh, soooo cute!! LOVE LOVE LOVE your little buddies! Oh, and your coloring is fantastic!! Great job with the JUGS color challenge!

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope you can join us on Saturday for a fun 3-D challenge hosted by our sweet Mona!

CarlaKH said...

these are just fabulous!

Naomi said...

The baseball theme absolutely came through on the first card! That is a great idea, beautiful coloring, great image!

paige said...

great cards!

Anonymous said...

These are great! I love that baseball card and how you made the "stitches"!

Kathy said...

These are both great Cassie. Love the stitching in the background of the first one to give the look of a baseball, very clever.

Tammy said...

Both of these card are fabulous Cassie!! Love your coloring as usual!! Thanks for joining us at Copic Buzz and look forward to your next creation!!!

Julie M said...

Two great cards, Cassie. I really like the little details, like the baseball stitching on the first one. And those Mo's images are fab, hadn't seen the "Boo" one before - it's on my want list now!!

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie