Saturday, October 24, 2009

I'm in the Holiday mood



I know Halloween isn't even here yet, but I got in the mood to create two winter cards. I used two of the newest images from Sassy Studio Designs (Cocoa Carol and Trimming the Tree). They are both so much fun to create with (ok, so they ALL are...hee hee hee). No challenges (except sketches) were used. Are ya' shock (I know I am).

For the first card, I used Cocoa Carol and Mojo Monday's Sketch. The paper is from Basic Grey's Eskimo Kissees and I picked the more traditional Holiday colors for this one. I was loving this card until I colored the chair. I'm just not feeling the color or the look of it. The colors I used are copic's G20, 21, 24 but I really need to either buy more greens or learn how to color with these better.


The second card is a little non-traditional (at least the colors for me are) and I used SSD's Trimming the Tree with Tuesday Morning Sketches. I also paired it up with PTI's Take a Bough for the hanging ornements. I had lots of fun with this one and am really beginning to like these colors together for the holidays. I used some Pixie Dust Shimmerz paint for my bling because you can't have a Christmas tree without the bling.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Melissa Craig said...

Very pretty Cassie! I love the pink and green. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Mary G. said...

Great cards- wonderful images! I just LOVE the green with the pink on the second card! They're both beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Both are great but the second is my favorite. I love pink. Great!

CathyRose said...

The pink and green, oh my, I just love that one. I think the chair on the first one looks great. The way you've colored it make it look like velvet. Great job on both,

gale said...

Both are gorgeous and your coloring looks absolutely amazing. On the top card that part of the chair in the front looks like it's actually 3d!

Kathy said...

I think you colored the chair very well, looks great to me. I love the nontraditional Christmas colors in the second. Two great cards.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your cards- I enjoy sipping my tea- love the first image, and the second one- is it really that soon until Christmas? Yikes! As always, I LOVE your coloring! TFS

Heidi said...

Cassie I like them both but that second one calls my name more- the colors are my favs!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I just love these 2 cards!!!
The pink & green is my fave!

Naomi said...

Awww..these are both great! I really love the one with the girl on the couch sipping coffee. She reminds me of myself! These are wonderful holiday cards!